Software RF Application Engineer
QCTs ASICs provide integrated solutions for mobile phone products worldwide. Customer engineering supports customers with all aspects of embedded software and systems development. This includes assisting OEMs with designs, providing training, debugging, assistance in optimizing and integrating software. It exposes the candidate to the key players in the wireless industry worldwide and places him or her right in the heart of the dynamism of 3G/4G wireless deployment. This position is responsible for 3G/4G RF Drivers for our family of MSM/RF chipsets. The role requires interfacing with handset developers, base-station partners and wireless carriers worldwide. Training, assisting customers with software design, integration, development, system debugging, handling customer Q&A, and interfacing closely with internal developers are some of the key activities in this position. Some travel for on-site customer support may be required.
Prior experience with portable hand-held devices and technical support for customers desirable. Embedded or wireless system software development and integration on telecommunications devices. Familiarity with ARM architecture, ARM assembly, emulators/JTAG-debuggers, test-mobiles test equipment such as Oscilloscope/Logic Analyzers, test-mobiles & logging tools an advantage. Ability to work as part of a dedicated project team and independently essential.
1 - 3 years' experience in 3G/4G Smartphone industrial as a plus.
This is a very challenging position that requires the candidate to learn and internalize QTI software and operation concepts very quickly. The candidate will support a wide range of software discussions, ranging from low level embedded software to high-level carrier features.
Key skills include
- Strong software debugging skills on embedded real time operating systems
- Strong experience in C/C++ programming, systems knowledge or background applicable to RF
- Software device RF driver development experience, RF testing experience
- Demonstrated expertise with RF Test equipment (LTE/CDMA/TDSCDMA/UMTS/GSM Test call boxes, spectrum analyzer, Oscilloscope, etc.)
- Understanding for MIPI, PA, antenna switch, antenna tuner experience a plus.
- The candidate is expected to have strong communication and interpersonal skills, high motivation, the ability to learn quickly, and must be a self-starter.
- This candidate will be responsible for driving OEM designs and the integration of system level components into customer handset designs.
From its beginnings in 1985, Qualcomm has grown from seven individuals meeting in a den to a world-leading provider of wireless technology and services. Qualcomm is a global company, a firm with many facets, with each business division changing the way we live and work through its own unique contributions. But no matter what each Qualcomm business does, all are united by a single, driving passion: to continue to deliver the world’s most innovative wireless solutions.
Today, Qualcomm plays a central role in the rapid adoption and growth of 3G and next-generation wireless around the world. Qualcomm’s current intellectual property portfolio includes more than 13,000 United States patents for wireless technologies, with more than 180 telecommunications equipment manufacturers licensing them worldwide.