Roles and responsibilities include:
- Acts as the on-site procurement resource for the region.
- Follows established procedures, practices, and policies to contact vendors, obtain quotations, examine bids, made awards, place orders, and expedite delivery of goods/services.
- Exercises good judgment and working knowledge of materials and sources of supply for local and/or regional sourcing projects and electronic components
- Experience with printed circuit board assembly outsource program.
- Negotiates annual, local, regional and national agreements and participates in global negotiations where applicable.
- Maintains all purchase order files, confidentiality agreements, terms and conditions, contracts, and all other documentation, both paper and electronic, required by purchasing policy.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with high degree of accuracy.
- Possess understanding of basic accounting and budgeting practices.
The ideal candidate will have 4-7 years experience in business analysis, strong and effective written and oral communication abilities, sourcing skills, computer skills, and electronic component knowledge. The position requires the aptitude to work independently with minimal direction.
- 1-2 years of experience in procurement related activities.
- Associate Degree in Business or technical related discipline.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluent English.
- 3-5 years of experience in procurement related activities.
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, or Busincess
- Experience using Oracle
From its beginnings in 1985, Qualcomm has grown from seven individuals meeting in a den to a world-leading provider of wireless technology and services. Qualcomm is a global company, a firm with many facets, with each business division changing the way we live and work through its own unique contributions. But no matter what each Qualcomm business does, all are united by a single, driving passion: to continue to deliver the world’s most innovative wireless solutions.
Today, Qualcomm plays a central role in the rapid adoption and growth of 3G and next-generation wireless around the world. Qualcomm’s current intellectual property portfolio includes more than 13,000 United States patents for wireless technologies, with more than 180 telecommunications equipment manufacturers licensing them worldwide.